Sunday, May 22, 2011

Madagascar Live!

Our good friend Amanda M. had some extra tickets to Madagascar Live! at Radio City Music Hall.  It was Spring Break and I was not going to let an opportunity like that pass us up.  My kids were so excited and my excitement matched their's. I have never been to Radio City Music Hall and it felt as though I was walking into a grand palace.


 Just as a side note, the first year we lived here they dedicated the Manhattan temple and they had the youth do one of the first huge youth conference/show things at Radio City Music Hall.  There were so many youth in the show that they asked that only one or two parents and the leaders came. W was a leader of the Young Men so he went, but I was secretly sooo jealous.


 I had no idea how huge that place is. We were on the top balcony--which I thought was really awesome.  We probably would have walked up there anyway. It was also nice because I didn't feel too bad if my kids had a loud moment, which inevitably happened.  I only had to chase a child down a hall way once.  It was fabulous!  The music was great and there were colors everywhere.


During the intermission most of the parents were taking pictures. So we joined. I tried to do it sans-flash, but it turned our faces red. T loved making that face.


This was on our way there on the train.  S was in her movie star sunglasses.


 Thanks Amanda! We had a fabulous time!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love seeing all the adventures you go on with your kids in the city. They are lucky to have such a fun mom!

Joe and Kristin Family said...

What a blast! Cute family.