Sunday, May 15, 2011

Inspiring, Humor

Today I watched the Nei Nei story on ABC 20/20 and I have to say it was very inspiring.  You know when you didn't know you needed something until you see it and then you know that the Lord knew that you really needed it.



It made me realize how much I take motherhood for granted.  Sometimes it is so easy to look at things and think--there is so much to do, how am I am ever going to get everything done and be the kind of mom and wife I need to be?   Well, watching that made me realize that I may not be the mother that I want to be right now, but I have a body with which I can do all those things I want--even if I do not get them done. I can be home with my children. I can get them ready for school. We can do fun things together. I can holler out that I cannot wake up in the morning and that I really need a hug and my kids will wake themselves up and come in to hug me good morning (my morning bliss). We can laugh together, tickle each other, help clean all with no bodily pain or injury.  We are so blessed!!!

This may sound funny because right now I am re-enforcing the kidlet's bedtime routine which was a bit disturbed yesterday because I left W in charge (he gave me a break with no children, the first one in three weeks--thanks sweetheart :D), and T ended up getting onto my bed instead of his. Sigh.  The disruption in the routine means chaos for me and T is fighting me tooth and nail crying buckets of tears. R is attempting to calm the outcry with stories. He is very helpful.

I love T so dearly I am sticking to their routine, for him and me. . . especially in the sense that it may escape future grouchiness on my part. Please tell me that I am not the only one doing this.


Ten minutes later and T is asleep!  VICTORY!

Just as a side note, T said his prayers right after he plead with me that he was starving.  I was not letting any of the children have more food (they'd just finished off crackers and apples 10 minutes before).  He sneaked some bagel chips into his bedroom and was hopping on the bed gleefully getting ready to eat them when I took them and said he could have some tomorrow.

Then he knelt down and said his prayers. It went like this.

He'nly Faher [Heavenly Father]
I am really hungry. I really like chips.
In the name . . . amen.

Nothing like an informative prayer every now and then.

 He also joined us in primary for a little while today.  He loved answering every question with ample encouragement from S--even though he was only called on once.  And one of his answers involved the Prophet and Trader Joe's (a popular specialty grocery store).  For the record, I did not teach him that.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Seriously, your kids are awesome.

And you are awesome for sticking to your guns.

And bagel chips sound really good.

And any time you are going to Trader Joe's and don't mind me tagging along, I'll keep you company!

Heather said...

I kind of love the informative prayer. It's sort of just a reminder of our preferences. :) Such cute kids!