Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July


Happy 4th of July!!!  Three years ago today my husband's grandfather passed away. He fought during World War II and was a very respected man. He believed completely in this country. 


Tonight we went on a roof.  We saw some fireworks. They were not the big Macy's Firework show (which I thought they would have online by NBC, but didn't), but all the neighbors shooting off their celebratory fireworks. We have fireworks too--pop its.  
  

Tonight we were reading scriptures together. We read Alma 37:37 in the Book of Mormon which says:
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.


After we read "lifted up at the last day," T said, "Like up to the roof?"

So glad I have my family!! They warm my heart!

1 comment:

Chelise said...

I love the pics of the kidlets and Wayne together :). Thanks for posting!