Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have bodies like you and me.

Tonight we had a Family Home Evening Lesson on the Prophet Joseph Smith and when he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how he noticed that they had bodies like you and me.  If you would like more information about it please go here.

S thought it was important to let me know that Joseph Smith died.

I told her.

"Joseph Smith was martyred in  Carthage IL by a mob of angry men."

"What?"

"He was killed by mobsters." I wasn't thinking of you know, the Sopranos-ish group of people, just so you know.

"Monsters?" All three children chimed in.

"No mobsters."

"Lobsters?"

"Mobsters."

"He was killed by a bunch of moms?"

"Not mom-sters. Mo-b-sters."

"People in a mob."

"What is a mob?"

"A mob is a group of angry people."

"Oh."

Apparently my enunciation requires a lot of work.

3 comments:

Orton Family said...

:-) Mom -sters would be pretty scary!

Camille said...

Lobsters? OH, THAT was funny! I"m glad to know our FHE's aren't the only ones that closely resemble a stand-up comedy routine. ;)

Joe and Kristin Family said...

How cute. This is such a great little story. Way to teach your children.