Monday, October 5, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

As my children and I walked down the sidewalk to a nearby Duane Reade a sweet, elderly lady stopped and told me she wanted to to donate a hat and a scarf to me and my kids. She said she does it all the time for people she knows and she wanted to to do it for us.

I was stunned. I had never thought what to do in that situation. Oddly enough however, I have been in the situation before. That is how we got our very sturdy double stroller. That time however we seriously looked like we were desperate for it (we were too--it has been such a blessing).

We ended up with a beautifully knitted bright red scarf and barrette (R says he can't wait to look French).

I'm going to wash them first, just because, well, you know.

1 comment:

M said...

Ah the sweet kindnesses of strangers! I ran into that a few times in Manhattan, almost always when I was overloaded with kids, too! But, yeah, you gotta wash everything. :)