Thursday, June 25, 2009

Good Words

In our family we strive to use good words. Sometimes I get in a bit of a silly mood and add different letters to the beginning of words--you know, like the old song S'wonderful.

I was putting on my make up in the car (please tell me I am not the only one that does this--I hate to think the Allstate commercial was directed solely to me) and S asked me, "Mom, what are you doing?"

I answered, "Putting on my s'make-up."

S became perturbed and lecture-ally stated, "Mom, that's not a good word. We don't say that word."

I'll admit I bit my lip, but I couldn't help but laugh a little. Then after I could hold it in I promised her I wouldn't say that word again (but I also let her know it wasn't a bad word--if you know differently please let me know).

Unmistakably offended at my laughter she authoritatively folded her arms and gave me the you-know-I-mean-business-mother look.

No comments: