Friday, July 23, 2010

Brooklyn Bridge Park--Metropolitan Opera Concert


On Tuesday night we went to see the opera in the park with the Breartons. It was so much fun and I am so glad we could go with them.


I'm fairly certain that this guy is Christopher Magiera, baritone.

This is the president of Brooklyn (which he states was its own kingdom).
Marty Markowitz. If you'd like to hear his accent check this out. Somehow seeing him makes me feel so politically informed (although I am not, yet).

Susannah Phillips-soprano

This is Brooklyn Bridge Park, Pier 1's first Metropolitan Opera concert.
I brought a lot of sweets (I am not sure what I was thinking). Next time I am going to bring things like fruit and protein-ish food that is healthy and non-mood-cajoling.

3 comments:

Emily said...

So what did they sing?

vdg family said...

Surprisingly enough I recognized a lot of the songs--although through most of the songs I was negotiating with my children (silly sweets). I threw my program away, but there were several songs like "Can't help lovin' that man" and "Old Man River," and then for the post-finale the soprano sang "Shenandoah."

Joe and Kristin Family said...

Way to find and enjoy culture in the Big Apple.