Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sacrament Meeting

The first Sunday of each month in our church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the members are given an opportunity to talk about the things they believe or know to be true.

This last Sunday R decided he wanted to do it. He went to the front, held onto the sides of the podium proudly and then he leaned over to me and said, "What should I say, mom?"

I whispered, "Tell them what you believe."

He smiled, turned and spoke into the microphone, "I'd like to bear my testimony today. Sometimes we are late. But, if we all work together we can be on time. . . Amen."

I was proud of him. I bet you can guess what our next family home evening lesson is going to be about. :)

Next I thought I would bear my testimony too. I got all ready to speak and T decided it was his turned. He grabbed the microphone with both hands as tightly as he could and hollered into the microphone. Then I whispered some tips, he hollered, "NO." Then I said, "Say Amen." Again he answered loudly, "NO!"

Thankfully Brother Yau, a member of the bishopric, took T out of my hands for me (whew!) then set him on the ground to run free (it actually helped my sanity a lot for the moment). I don't know if any one actually heard what I said--I watched most of their eyes following T as I spoke. Oh well, at least we all spoke from the heart.

4 comments:

Joe and Kristin Family said...

Haha! Love it. You have the cutest kids.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe & Kristin

Emily said...

That Tommy always steals the show. :) But your testimony was great. Elizabeth is still talking about how "Tommy sleeping! Nursery!"

Lindsay said...

Roscoe's testimony sure was sweet. He's a good, good boy, and you have every reason to be very proud of him. :)

Orton Family said...

:-) Sweet moments that I love so much!!! We miss you!!!! Have a happy Happy Birthday on Saturday!!!!