Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dearest W

Just so you know I think you are the most wonderful man, husband, father, doctor, etc. in the world. I am so immensely proud of you in every sense.

I love your good morning hugs/kisses. I love it when you give me a kiss first-thing when you get home from work. I love it when you eat my sometimes questionable food and instead of grimacing and pushing away your plate, you smile at me as if nothing is wrong and clean your plate (how do you do that?). Also, when you gather the children in the "game" of cleaning the house--especially when I am too burnt out to do it myself--and everyone ends up laughing and giggling the entire time. Just so you know the "game" does not work when I try to do it. They are on to me when I say, "Let's play a game."

I love to see you play with the kids and they cannot help but laugh a lot. Or when you are asleep with your arm out and one of our sleepy kids comes and snuggles up to you because your arm is so inviting. Or when one of the kids gets an ouchy and they run to you because you always seem to know what to do.

I love it when T climbs in your arms and studies everything you are doing whilst sucking on his thumb. I love it when you tell the kids stories at bed time. Or when we say "family first" by putting our hands or feet all together like a team cheer after family prayer.

You make me so happy when you compliment me, which is often (thank you my love). Also, when you laugh at my punny jokes or at the funny things the kids say during the day. Plus when the kids pray and ask for their hearts desires, it makes me smile to peek through and to see you smile at me. You make me feel soooo happy.

By the way, I love you very dearly!

Love,
M

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah, Melanie, this was the sweetest post and made me smile.

Chelise said...

This is beautiful Mel. Inspiring. Makes me want to come and visit so badly!

I LOVE you all!

GR82BAMOM said...

So sweet! You guys are the best!