Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ikea

S got a new bed. I thought I would be a cost-efficient genius and get it from Ikea.


The bed lasted a total of 2 hours, before W knelt on it to reach some thing and snap. One of the boards supporting the mattress broke.


Dear people, just because something says Ikea, does not mean it is cheap.  But when it comes to bed they definitely fall into the cheap category. My experiences at Ikea have been quite negative per buying furniture.  It is just not meant to last the trip home.  We had a dinner table chair set react the same way--sit snap (only that was 5 years ago).  Obviously I was expecting some improvement.

The second little pig did not build his house of twigs, he got his house at Ikea.  The wolf has a hey day following unsuspecting piggies from Ikea.

Lesson learned. Again. Back to the old drawing board.

On the up-side. Ikea has good cookies. And non-furniture objects occasionally. 

5 comments:

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

Hilarious! I used to love to go to IKEA, but Mike won't let me know....same reasons!

Kelly said...

Ugh! I've only had horrible experiences with Ikea. Nothing lasts. Will you be able to return it?

vdg family said...

If I can find that ridiculously small screw driver that came with it.

Jana said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I just wanted to let you know that frequent thoughts of your faithfulness in blogging, and the memory of your blog book that I saw at grandma's funeral have prompted me to post on my blog again and resolve (again) to write more often! Thanks for your example!!

Joe and Kristin Family said...

Ouch! Sorry. Were you able to return it?