Monday, January 2, 2012

Validation

T practiced a lot with drawing today. I made add some of his masterpieces.  After he was done with each one he would run up to me and say, "Mom, do you love it?"

What a mom going to say to that--even if it's just a single line (which happened around 12 times or more)?

"Yes. Tell me about it?"
"Add more and we'll talk."
"I think that's how a lot of great artists started out, son."
"Can't go wrong with the basics, sweetie."


I'm at a loss. But, it means a lot to me that he craves my validation.  All of us crave validation, constantly.  It's probably one of the things in mankind that will never change.

I've posted it before, but--just in case you haven't seen it yet.



1 comment:

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! Can't stop laughin!!!!