Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Low Spirits, as Jane Austen Would Say

Some days, I just feel like I need a hug of Heavenly origin.

In October of 2009 I wrote about getting a wave and a smile from God. I read it today and it seemed to be just what I needed to read. Maybe you'll enjoy it too! :)

Motherhood/wifehood can be extremely challenging. Calming the storms, kissing ouchies, dishes, cleaning, cooking, playing with the kids, mediating, listening, turning away from something you promised yourself you'd get done to help out; it all adds up.

There are days that I feel like running to a corner of my house, locking any door possible to keep people out, cover myself with a blanket and cry--from sheer emotional and physical exhaustion.  I look at my life and my head seems to say, "What do you have to cry about? What have you accomplished today? Why are you acting like you work so hard--your house looks . . ., your children are shouting and fighting, your husband is starving and drained completely from work, come on brave up and get back in there, wimp."

This of course just makes me want to kick myself and cry more.

What is a girl to do? Well, I pray really hard, read the scriptures, and breathe deeply. Other times, I just need a good, jolting reminder that it will all be okay. So I go to my pinboard and I look at all my inspiring quotes.

Also, I repeat over and over in my head, "I can do this! I can do this! I can do this!!!!"

Source

Source
Source


Source
Source

Source

Source

Source
Source


And if all else fails, I call my Mom!

3 comments:

M said...

Here's a virtual hug from me, Mel!

-Mara

vdg family said...

Thanks Mara! :)

Heather said...

i so know how you feel. my current saying is, "i can do hard things."