Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The best things in life

You know when life whirls around your head and you hardly have time to think? You look at each thing you've accomplished and it feels like not very much, but you feel exhausted?

Do you have days like that?

I know I am uber-blessed. My heart is beating. The moon is not a banana (that' a game my kids and I play--with British-ish accents). Alligators are being found on the streets and parks of NYC, but hopefully not on the slides my kids are playing on. And that cereal I ate for breakfast really tasted good.

I mean, blessings are pouring out of every nook and cranny, right? Are we seeing them? Am I seeing them?

Sometimes I notice the little things like my kid's smile. The way I can almost catch a bubble before it bursts in my hands. A tub that drains--or not. My bed and sheets, pillows, and blankets. A laugh from some odd statement someone made. A check in the mail. Money in my bank account. Hiccups. Stoplights that are green. Computers. Blogging. Lots of cookies. Chocolate. Friends. Beautiful music. Glorious words.

The possibilities for blessings are endless. What are some of your favorite blessings?


For a moment of visual enjoyment check out my brother-in-law's blog named Immortalize Life The pictures are ones he has taken, like the one above. I love how they seem to capture a dear moment in time.

1 comment:

Michael and Tiffany Egbert said...

Chocolate is my favorite part of your happiness list :)