Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 2--I am really pregnant


Dear W:

Did you feel the earthquake yesterday?  Have you seen any damage?  What has been the most touching experience that you have had so far?  Are the people just beautiful? Does it feel like Honduras?


Just for the record we really miss you, A LOT!  I am glad you are on the trip to help the children, but having you gone is hard!   

The kids and I went to Costco and Aldi in Queens.  S and T love Nathan Grimshaw and followed he and his mother everywhere.  R went with me and helped me decide on things that I felt we could splurge or save on. 

We have a ton of food. :)  Yay!  

But the big news is my doctors appointment. There is a woman doctor in the practice and she is the one I saw. She was very gentle and kind (thankfully). She listened to my questions and lined me up for some bloodwork and such and even gave me samples of prenatal vitamins to try. 


But most of all, I cannot tell you how excited I was to see the sonogram of the baby. When I saw the small figure I felt this great gushing of love and happiness.  I got to see a closeup of the blur of his heart and hear the musical rushing sound. His hands were right by his head and he waved.  We, of course, cannot tell whether or not it was a boy or a girl, but I feel kind of funny calling the sweetie an "it."  I am 11 weeks 2 days along, making my due date June 1, 2013.  The sweetie is roughly the size of a fig and just developing hair and nails.  


10 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so SO excited for you!

Rachel said...

Yay! More crazy looks from new yorkers to be expected. So happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What great news! I am so happy for you!

cherry said...

Oh my goodness Mel I am so excited for you and Brother V!! Congratulations my dear friend!!!

Marci said...

Oh Hurray! That was my guess!! Congratulations, I hope you aren't dealing with much in the way of morning sickness. (BTW, next time you're in Queens I live pretty close to the Costco--maybe 10 min. away, you should stop by!)

Heather said...

Congratulations! Such great news!

vdg family said...

All these comments made me so happy! Thank you for your well wishes. I would love to see you, Marci! :)

Christina said...

So happy for you! Congrats!

Whitney said...

I almost slipped the other day and mentioned you were pregnant. I'm so excited for you guys! And with my pregnancy brain, it's a miracle I was able to cover my slip up!

Emily said...

Congratulations! SO very excited for your family. What a blessing!